How do I sync my SharePoint calendar with Outlook? Well, it’s very simple!
- Open Outlook on your desktop
- Open the SharePoint site you would like to sync with your Outlook
- Go to the calendar on your SharePoint site
- Under “Calendar Tools” tab on the Ribbon select “Calendar” tab
- Once the calendar options are open on the Ribbon select “Connect to Outlook”. There will be a pop-up in your Outlook window confirming that you would like to sync with SharePoint. Select “Allow”.By default it will show your personal calendar and SharePoint calendar side-by-side, you can drag and drop appointments from one calendar to the other.
To combine the calendars into a single view, click the arrow on the tab of SharePoint calendar. Each calendar and its corresponding events will be color coded for identification. You can have multiple SharePoint calendars overlay and you can select which ones to view in the “Other Calendars” section.
About the Author:
Nadia Douaji is a passionate individual who is excited about SharePoint. She started her IT career as a web designer/developer over 20 years ago. Her experience includes development and management of unique websites solutions from initial concept to live site. She started working in SharePoint 2007 and was then the only person willing to “dig in” at her agency. With SharePoint 2010, she continued acquiring all the skills and experience needed to become an expert. She is passionate about all aspects of the SharePoint platform and loves to share the good word. As SharePoint Business Analyst for a government agency, she is often talking to her peers about a quick way of using SharePoint to solve or ease a business process.
More from this author: